Saturday, July 2, 2011
Friday, June 10, 2011
When God allowed Scott and me to have children, we had no idea how much we'd be blessed or the challenges we would face. It has been a journey and I am so thankful for the opportunity. God has blessed us with two precious little girls and we love them indescribably.
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Sunday, December 19, 2010
On Wednesday night our family attended our last preschool Christmas performance. It was bittersweet. Whitney was quite animated throughout the entire show. I ate up every moment. Earlier in the day she kept commenting on how excited she was about her talent show. That girl loves the stage. More importantly, she loves Jesus. I feel blessed to know that both of our girls already have a personal relationship with our savior. We wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! God bless.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Dear Friends and Family,
Merry CHRISTmas! We’re excited to once again celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Our hope for this upcoming year is that your hearts will be filled with hope, peace and joy
as you bask in the love of our savior.
Here are some of our 2010 highlights - Fill in the blank with our
family members’ names: (Some blanks require more than one name.) Scott, Debbie, Danyka and Whitney
- On a weekend getaway to Tahoe, for Grandma Burrills 65th birthday, __________________ was a superstar on the sledding slopes. She giggled the entire afternoon.
- ______________________ got to spend Valentine’s Day weekend with Grandma and Grandpa in San Jose.
- Later in February, _________________ had to come up with a creative delay plan to keep the future bride, our friend Carrie, from finding out about the surprise engagement party we were throwing. It was a success!
- Grandma and Granddad joined us for a trip to Disneyland in March. _______________ was obsessed with the ride Soaring Over California.
- With a bit of persuasion, ______________ was sold on the idea of having solar panels placed on the roof to heat our pool. The entire family enjoyed a wonderful season of heated swimming.
- The girls both enjoyed dancing in their Broadway themed recital in June. _____________ did a jazz routine to “You Can’t Stop the Beat” and _______________ tapped to “Just a
Spoonful of Sugar”.
- ___________________ celebrated turning 30 this year.
- Bike rides have become a new family affair. _______________ learned how to ride a bike without
training wheels and __________________ has been enjoying the new bicycle that was received as a birthday gift.
- A swim test, to have access to the deep end, was completed by ___________________ at the indoor pool we visited in Colorado. The complex was amazing. There was an indoor
sprayground, several waterslides and two diving boards.
- Grandma and Granddad hosted a family reunion this past summer. ____________ and Dan stayed up late every night playing Monopoly Deal and Mario Kart on the Wii.
- ________________ was thrilled with the random pool relays that were made up during the Burrill
family reunion in July.
- ______________________ enjoyed being in Paul and Carrie’s wedding in August. It was beautiful.
- In August the girls headed back to school. ______________ is in her second year of preschool and
_______________ started 1st grade. It’s been a fun year so far.
- __________________lead a college Bible study on Job during fall semester. (A fascinating story!)
- __________________ spent the day after Thanksgiving celebrating with family in San Jose.
- The day after __________ sister’s family and _________ brother’s family (a total of 10 + our family of 4) spent the night at our house, _____________ asked why people never come over. Extravert?
- We are looking forward to our trip to Colorado for Christmas. Both girls have dinner dates planned with Granddad. ______________ came up with the idea.
This past year has been filled with good times and great memories. We are thankful for our friends and family who continually love and invest in us. We are looking forward to how God
will continue to grow and stretch us in 2011. “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” 1 Chronicles 16:34
Scott, Debbie, Danyka and Whitney