Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Experimenting...

The past few weeks have been marked with busyness, like most days around here, but I've been fortunate enough to find a few blips of time here and there to create. I'll admit that the urge to create has not yet escaped me, but at least I got my fill for a while.




Although I have no background in sewing, I thought it would be fun to try my hand at dress making. I found a simple pattern for a pillowcase dress online and bought fabric at JoAnns to make the girls a different dress. I don't think I would really enjoy being a seamstress but it was at least a fun experiment. And please don't forget...but in the Burrill house, where there is a dress, there is a matching or coordinating bow.




I also had to come up with a brilliant plan to adorn Whitney with her class animal for preschool next year. The animal is terribly cute yet incredibly difficult to find on children's clothing or really in much of anything. So I decided that if I couldn't find fabric to make a dress or a some other article of clothing, I would at least have to come up with an idea for a hair bow...hence the sculpey clay Orca. Whitney will be a Little Orca next year. She is so excited. (I must admit that I found a similar clay Orca online that I tried to reproduce.)





The most recent craft of late didn't come with great inspiration. I simply thought it turned out cute. A friend of a friend called me last night and asked me if I could make a hair bow for her daughter's cheer try-outs this weekend. This is what I came up with. I love fancy bows. Hopefully she will like it.



I'm looking forward to my next crafting adventure. I'm sure it's lurking just around the corner. Finding or coming up with craft ideas is simple; finding the time to create is a bit more challenging.

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Good to see you posting again. I even got a comment that you haven't posted in a while (I think Steph looks forward to your blog.) And why is the dress hanging from the window?

Debbie said...

If I had more time, I would post more frequently. I had to hang the dress somewhere to tak a picture.

Debbie said...

oops...i meant "take"

Tracy said...

Well done! I am all about a little crafting! Would love to see about what is happening in your lives more oftin. Keep up the posting! Take care!